Thursday, May 05, 2005

Rewards for laziness...I guess

My morning is off to a sexy start.
I wash my hair every morning. However, I just cannot be bothered with blow-drying it before work. I'm already doing people a favor by combing it, so don't get greedy by expecting it to be dry as well. My little trick is to pile my hair in a loose bun and stick a hat on top. I take the hat off once I'm inside my office building.
Today I enter the building, holding the door for this guy transporting a tray of donuts from one of the 7 Dunkin' Donuts I pass on my route to work, to the one in the building.
I dutifully take my hat off and reach up to let my hair fall. I hear this grunt behind me. The donut guy. He says, "that looked nice, the way you did that." (His) Eyes sparkling, teeth gleaming in a wolfish grin. (My) Stomach churning, poker face trying to make it's first appearance today. A hesitant "thanks" comes out of me. "You just washed it?" (As if it needed an answer) "Yes." "It smells good too." Another feeble "thanks." He's still staring at me with that smile, and I half expect an evil laugh to come next with a "my pretty." Incapable of dealing with creepiness before 8am, I look down and scurry away - allowing him to safely deliver his delicious packages. (The donuts)

1 comment:

Simba's Mom said...

Congrats on starting your blog!
The first two stories made me laugh, which I appreciate.
Thanks!
(no pressure, but I will be checking daily for updates).