Sunday, May 08, 2005

How quickly it turns on you

Road Runner and I ran the Y-me breast cancer 5K this morning. Let's just say that everything I said about having awesome weather two postings ago (just yesterday) no longer applies. It never really went past 50 yesterday, but managed to get hot this morning - too hot too fast. It was one of my hardest runs in a while. I beat my Pumpkins time (my first 5K less than a year ago) but I didn't quite beat my secondary goal of under 30 min. Close, but no cigar. I guess next race. It's only going to get hotter, though, and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that.
By the way, as usual, Road Runner was about 3 minutes ahead of me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Em, congratulations on doing the race, under less than ideal conditions. Each one is a learning experience---or so I'm told!

I remember that now about Chicago, how spring is a blip of one day and then it's super hot. Today, Henry and I played basketball in the rain. It was very refreshing.