Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Insomnia, swimming and appendicitis

Cowboy has had pseudo-appendicitis for over a week now. It's not appendicitis (at least not acute or ruptured) but he had symptoms that sure sounded like it, and sure knocked him out. To make a long story short, he has been sitting on the couch playing poker on the computer and watching Season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (This is the season Buffy goes downhill, in my opinion)
Anyway, I don't know if I've been suffering sympathy pains or what but I have developed insomnia over the last few days. As a result, I feel like I've been hit by a train - every morning - and it doesn't go away. Tonight, I was feeling achy and wide-awake, so we went for a swim at 11:30pm. It was so nice. The cool water felt perfect. It reminded me of going swimming at night in Hawaii. (Sigh.) Now we're back in our humble abode and I'm still wide-awake.
The upshot is that Cowboy has finally had enough of our uncomfortable couch and has promised me a new one for my birthday. Yippee! I've been gunning for this for over a year!

No comments: