Monday, October 10, 2005

kundalini yoga is for me

I signed up for a 5 week class designed to deal with stress. Today was my first day. I've never done this type of yoga, and I have to admit - I was a bit apprehensive. I had heard there was a lot of chanting. Hmm... There was chanting in the beginning and at the end, but it was really soothing. I was surprised by how much work the class was. I was also surprised by the fact that I can't sit cross-legged for an hour. When did I get so old? When I left, though - I felt great. I ran 4.5 miles yesterday and I was a bit stiff. This loosened me right up and stretched my shoulders and back - parts of me that get tight when I'm stressed. I guess it also didn't hurt that the instructor had a voice like butter that made you want to go to sleep just from listening to her. In short, highly recommended.

No comments: