Monday, November 20, 2006

007 and Mickey Mouse

It may seem unseemly that in the same weekend I drooled over the new James Bond I also took delight in watching the Festival of Lights parade from my window, but there you have it. I have to say that I really liked the new Bond movie. Really. It's got to be my favorite. This is saying a lot because I waited with anticipation for Pierce Brosnan to be Bond, and I couldn't imagine anyone filling his shoes. I like the movie for more reasons than Daniel Craig's handsome face too. The movie is smarter with an actual plot in addition to all the fancy tricks. I like this Bond a lot more too. He has a sense of humor, and he's more brutal than the others. He's less slick, and is a character closer to how I imagine a spy. I also really appreciated the opening scene that involved free running or Parkour. Sebastien Foucan was the athlete in the movie. It's a cool sport. Click here for a video clip.

No comments: