Thursday, December 15, 2005

Strange work-out day

Today my workout was successful in spite of myself. First, I lifted. I am trying to get over a newfound aversion to lifting weights. I don't know where this came from - I am not afraid of getting bulky (but at the first sign of a big neck, you better let me know). I used to do it 3x a week and loved it - you can do it at home while you watch tv, what's better than that? Lately, I've been dreading it, so it fell by the wayside. Not good, 'cause my wedding dress shows a lot of arm. Then, I went for a swim. On my way down, I realize I forgot to take off my engagement ring. It's already a little loose on me, so I put it on my fattest finger and figured it can only help my stroke by making sure I keep my fingers together (not the time for jazz hands). I then realize I forgot my swim cap. I figure I can do without it this time, hop in the pool and start out without my much needed goggles and earplugs. Sheesh! After the swim, I run on the treadmill. I liked this because with wet hair, I was cooler for longer. About 1/2 way through, a girl gets on the elliptical in front of me and let's just say, her tight t-shirt was not effective in doubling as a very important undergarment she "forgot" to wear. Without using my favorite phrase "train wreck", which I use too much, I can only say that if there was a photo of this going back to the jury - I'd have to object to it on obscenity grounds. I thought I was going to loose an eye. Despite all this, I got through my very long workout, and even did some stretching. Here's my latest endorsement of a product up to the level of my Columbia jacket (gasp!, I know!) Yoga for Athletes rocks! I have the deluxe version which has the following workouts: regular + relaxation, power emphasis, flexibility emphasis, and 6 mini workouts that are sport specific. I am familiar with most of the poses he goes through (they are fairly basic), but when I use the sport specific workouts, I stretch muscles I didn't know I could reach. Maravilloso!

2 comments:

Simba's Mom said...

Wait..I am supposed to be taking my ring off before swimming? Oops. That yoga tape does sound good. It would probably be less embarassing to do yoga in the comfort of my own home.

That elliptical girl needs to get a clue. That could not have been comfortable for her! (not to mention you having to witness that)

ShoreTurtle said...

Hey Betty. Where are you? You must be working too hard. I'm not sure how road runner has all that free time to blog, podcast, exercise and the like.