Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

One of my resolutions this year is to try new things. My goal is to try something new each day (although I will consider the goal met if I try 3 new things a week). Today, my list includes some intentional and unintentional effort to try something new.
Unintentional:
1. putting my workout shorts on backward and not even noticing until I tried to put my keys in my pocket
2. leaving the gym after my workout with my barn door wide open.

Intentionally, I tried treats from the middle east. I have no idea what they were called, so I emailed the girl at work to ask her. As I was telling Cowboy about this delicious new treat that I found, and how I emailed the girl, Cowboy started to laugh. He reminded me about a similar email I sent to a different girl praising her with a "Yum, yum, yum" for her banana chocolate chip coffee cake. Cowboy correctly noted that I only seem to talk to a couple of people with whom I am friendly - and people who bring in treats. Maybe I am one of the very freaks I complain about.

No comments: