Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sharks are delicious

In the midst of our honeymoon planning discussion, a news story breaks that a snorkeler was eaten by a shark off the coast of Maui, at a popular snorkeling site. Cowboy announces that it's final - he's not going in the water. I told him to bring a book or he'll get bored waiting for me as I snorkel. He says sharks are the blights of the sea and are only good for eating. This, of course, makes no sense, and he's only saying it to press my buttons as I am infinitely fascinated by sharks.
The update: deciding between Hawaii - which would include Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island, or the Western Coast of Mexico. I wanted to go to the gulf side, but that will be rainy season. I remember we went to Belize about a month before rainy season, and the storms that were already rolling in (only at night, luckily) were magnificent and a little scary. I don't want to chance running into those in full bloom, especially if we might not even have the use of our days like we did in Belize. I think Western Mexico might be okay, but I'll have to double check that.

1 comment:

Simba's Mom said...

But it seems like the diver drowned or something and gotten eaten afterwards. I guess he really is a Cowboy if he only wants to stay on the land.